Download: ELS4 Pro -V11
Please note: The settings remain intact when updating the Software!
Changes in this Version:
- Fixed a bug in the settings menu in English language
- Pause key now stops in all cycles when one cycle is complete. This can be used, for example, to remove chips from the path.
Once a cut has been started, it is finished before the control switches to the pause state. A pending pause is indicated by a clock symbol.
As soon as the pause is possible, a pause symbol is shown on the screen.
With START you can then continue, STOP cancels the process completely.
For operations with only one pass, no pause is possible because the operation stops after one pass.
- Constant surface speed for facing and parting off is activated as a test. Constant Vc can be activated in the settings under “Setup Output”.
After starting a cycle, the desired cutting speed Vc, outside diameter of the workpiece and maximum speed can be entered.
Adjusting the Vc also automatically adjusts the spindle speed, so you can also calculate optimum speeds.
During cutting, the speed is then adapted to the diameter so that Vc remains constant.
## Caution: The spindle speed is automatically increased! ##
## Pay attention to the value “n Max” which indicates the limit speed. The spindle speed is increased up to this speed. ##
- Simple Cutting Data Calculator: A cutting data calculator appears when pressing “RPM” for a long time. Outer diameter, Vc and speed can be calculated here.
Changing one value will automatically calculate the other values.
By pressing (M) (spindle on/off) the window is left and the spindle is started at the calculated rpm.
STOP terminates the process.
It allows to calculate the proper spindle speed for a given diameter and Vc. Vc depends on the material and tool.
- Error correction in undercut mode: Here, a undercut was too wide if the cutter radius was larger than the radius at the end of the undercut,
as specified in the standard. Correctly, this has now been changed so that the radius at the end of the undercut is now always at least
is now always at least as large as the cutting edge radius.
In addition, the width of the undercut (ZP) is now rounded to 0.1mm, which makes adjustment easier.
- It is now possible to switch off the spindle during threading operation, which is necessary when repairing threads.
- The polarity of the ESTOP-Follow output can now be changed, NC (Normally closed) or NO (Normally open)
The possible states are OFF or ON (NC) or ON (NO)
This makes it even more flexible when connecting safety devices
- Direction of rotation in the angle display has been reversed to correspond to the real direction of rotation of the spindle
- Support for the new ELS4 Handwheel (Pendant)
- Download and open the ZIP-archive.
- Save the included file(s) to a micro SD card.
- Switch off the control unit.
- Insert the memory card into the card slot on the top side of the housing.
- Press the small programming button on the top side of the housing and switch on the controller.
- Release the button again.
- The software is now loading, you hear a clicking sound. If everything works fine, the controller switches to the newly loaded program after approx. 6-8 seconds.
- After the restart you will eventually see a message that the flash content is updated, after a few seconds you will be asked to press the START button.
- As soon as you see the main screen the update is ready and you can remove the Micro-SD-Card.
You can use micro SD cards from 2 – 32 GB memory size, the card must be formatted with FAT16 or FAT32, NTFS or other do not work. The firmware file must be stored in the main directory, do not store it in a subfolder. The data must be stored in the first 2 GB of memory, if there is already more than approx. 1.5 GB of data stored on the card, delete it first and then save the update file on the card.